Fraymon Joy P. Cruz
The setting up of the UP College of Science Institute Libraries was initially envisioned by Dr. Caesar Saloma in 2007, during the start of his 3-year tenure as CS Dean which was coterminous with then CSLIB Head Librarian, Mrs. Jocelyn Razal. In April 2011, the actual setup of the Institute Libraries happened during the term of the current CSLIB Head Librarian, Mrs. Marie Antoinette Villaflor. Concurrently, it was during this time that most of the new building of CS Institutes were finally built in the National Science Complex; thus, spaces were provided for the Institute Libraries. The initial phase in the establishment of the institute libraries was supervised by Mrs. Susannah V. Deasis until 2013. Currently, Ms. Fraymon Joy P. Cruz is assisting the Head Librarian in supervising and improving the physical and digital learning spaces of the nine (9) Institute Libraries to support the College in its basic functions of instruction, research and extension services.
Library hours: 8:00 - 12:00 and 13:00 - 17:00 (with Lunch Break), Monday to Friday.
CLOSED on Saturday, Sunday and Holiday.
Location: Room 108, NIMBB Building, CS Complex, University of the Philippines 1101 Diliman, Philippines
Note: NIMBB library is now OPEN to authorized NIMBB students only.
Access via MyAthens:
1. Go to https://my.openathens.net;
2. Search for "University of the Philippines Diliman" in the "Find your Institution" search bar;
3. Click "UP Webmail";
4. Log in to your UP Mail account;
5. Select the electronic databases you wish to access.
Access via Google Apps:
1. Sign in to your UP Mail at https://mail.up.edu.ph;
2. Click the App Launcher at the upper right corner, scroll down and click the OpenAthens;
3. Click "Login to MyAthens";
4. Select the electronic databases you wish to access.
1. Go to the CS Libraries eBook Hub website at ebookhub.cslib.science.upd.edu.ph;
2. Click the Login With UP Mailbutton and enter your UP Mail credentials;
3. Once logged in, edit your personal details in the account management form and accept the terms and conditions;
4. Kindly wait for the CSLIB administrators to validate your account;
5. You will receive a confirmation email regarding your validation in your UP Mail account;
6. After validation, your next login will now be redirected to the homepage;
7. Finally, search by author or title using the discovery search box or explore the most frequently used books, syllabi references, and general list of eBooks per institute.
1. Undergraduate students – 5 circulation books for 1 week
2. Graduate students – 10 circulation books for 1 week
3. Faculty - 10 circulation books for 1 semester
4. Research, Extension and Professional Staff (REPS) - 10 circulation books for 1 week
5. Administrative Staff – 5 circulation books for 1 week
6. Non-UP users – Room use only (temporarily suspended until further notice)
Request for electronic/scanned/print copy
Faculty - Full text w/o expiration (if adviser). *If the Faculty is not the adviser, he/she should comply with the requirements same with the students.
Students - Full text subject to the following requirements: (w/ expiration). *1. Classified as “F” for regular work; 2. Expired embargo (2018 and below); 3. University Permission page or must secure permission from the author or adviser.
Facebook - facebook.com/nimbblibrary
Twitter - twitter.com/UPDNIMBBLibrary
Gmail – email@example.com
P3.00 per page
Scan limit: up to 20 pages only (color or B&W)
Delivery: send through UP mail within the day